Charles DiRocco is Managing Director at Ankura, based in Washington, DC. His 23 years of commercial real estate experience has covered a variety of projects within the real estate investment trust (REIT) and private real estate space. His work as a thought leader and public speaker supports his role in business development and client relations in valuation management. Chuck’s real estate consulting background and industry relationships are diverse, including media outlets, institutional investors, pension funds, private equity firms, and REITs.
Before joining Ankura, Chuck was a director at Altus Group, with his role focusing on data analysis on economics and commercial real estate, in addition to being an author and manager of various internal and external articles. He also served as a frequent industry speaker, providing numerous presentations for media, at conferences, webinars, and seminars. Before working with Altus Group, he was director of research at PwC and managing director of industry trends & analysis at the Urban Land Institute. Preceding that role, Chuck was the vice president of research for the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT).
Chuck’s professional experience includes:
- Key US Spokesperson: Frequent industry speaker providing numerous presentations for the media, industry events (conferences, webinars, podcasts), clients, and other real estate joint venture relationships domestically and internationally to enhance his thought leadership content.
- Real Confidence Executive Survey: Creator of the online real estate industry survey tool and publication completed by the top public and private real estate executives. This publication produced content covering economic, industry, and management topics impacting business and markets.
- Real Confidence Young Professionals Survey: Creator of the online survey aimed at graduate-level university business programs questioning future workplace participants on day-to-day and future decisions to determine demand trends that impact the economy and commercial real estate.
- University Portfolio Challenge (now known as Realizing Returns University Race): Developer, designer, recruiter, and challenge manager where university student-lead teams compete to produce the highest real estate return over one year within their investment portfolio.
- The Yardstick: Author and publisher of the quarterly publication covering economic and real estate forecasts for the economy, all major property sectors, and many US metropolitan markets.
- Emerging Trends in Real Estate Survey: Managed, developed, authored, and presenter of the United States, Europe, and Asia Pacific region publications from 2008 until 2013.
- PwC Real Estate Barometer: Calculated and published quarterly piece forecasting commercial real estate for all major property sectors covering key metropolitan areas.
- FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Global Real Estate Index: Created, supervised, and managed the operating responsibilities of the market capitalization-weighted index designed to track the performance of listed real estate companies in both developed and emerging countries worldwide.
- Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans: Initiated meetings with Fortune 500 companies’ top management teams to educated on effective REIT asset allocation within pension and 401(k) plans.