485 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
+1.212.818.1555 Main Get in touch
Rajal Dubal is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura based in New York. Rajal brings over 25 years of experience in independent corporate investigations, anti-bribery/corruption investigations and compliance, anti-money laundering and sanctions, applied analytics, financial accounting and reporting, transactional advice, and auditing.
Rajal specializes in conducting fraud and anti-corruption investigations. She is an expert at assessing accounting systems and corporate control environments and implementing creative solutions to help her clients fill gaps and weaknesses in controls that led to investigations.
Rajal also brings her expertise to financial institutions in the areas of compliance testing, AML and sanctions transaction monitoring, lookbacks, model validations and tuning, data governance, and anti-bribery enhancements to KYC platforms.
Rajal combines her forensic accounting and operational expertise to help clients develop solutions to improve anti-corruption and anti-money laundering controls.
Throughout her career, Rajal has led significant forensic investigations, risk, compliance, and litigation projects:
- Conducted numerous anti-corruption investigations on some of the most complex and high-profile cases worldwide, including several in India, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, China, India, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, South Korea, Australia, Turkey, Macedonia, Hungary, and the United Kingdom.
- Served as an FCPA expert for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in a civil case against former foreign executives involved in a bribery scheme.
- Anti-bribery Investigation: On behalf of a $40 billion multinational conglomerate with over 230 business units across the globe, conducted baseline reviews of FCPA compliance. Created a risk assessment matrix to identify the high-risk business units. Conducted over 40 global onsite reviews of transaction records and interviews in conjunction with Counsel. Reported findings to U.S. DOJ and SEC.
- Performed a wide range of litigation consulting resulting in expert testimony, arbitration submissions, reports, and presentations to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- FCPA Compliance Remediation during Monitorship: Collaborated with CCO and FCPA Remediation Steering Committee in responding to a government-imposed Monitor by developing an actionable and accountable remediation plan and measuring progress. Provided project management expertise and augmented compliance and measurement resources by deploying seasoned professionals worldwide, and developed cost-effective compliance monitoring tools using state-of-the-art technology.
- Anti-bribery Investigation: On behalf of an American multinational investment bank with offices in more than 42 countries, conducted an FCPA investigation in relation to property deals in China. Conducted a review of numerous property deals to identify potentially problematic payments. Client received the first declination to prosecute by the DOJ in relation to FCPA matters.
- Performed an FCPA compliance investigation of the U.S. and European operations of this SEC registrant in Brazil, Africa, and other locations and made recommendations to improve controls over the procurement and payment of services performed in foreign jurisdictions related to customs clearing and other government duties.
- Anti-bribery Investigation: On behalf of a European telecommunications company, conducted an independent examination on behalf of the Audit Committee into potential FCPA violations in various European countries. Identified over 35M Euros of bribe payments. Assisted in reporting the results of such reviews to U.S. regulators, including the DOJ, the SEC, and the FBI.
- Anti-bribery Investigation: On behalf of a top global brand and world leader in the beauty industry, performed an investigation of the alleged violations of corruption and evaluated the internal controls and processes of the company’s operations, including Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, China, Russia, Australia, Poland, Turkey, India, and the Philippines.
- Anti-bribery Investigation: On behalf of a European insurance company, conducted an independent examination on behalf of the Audit Committee into potential FCPA violations in Indonesia. Conducted onsite transaction review and interviews in conjunction with Counsel. Assisted in reporting the results of such reviews to U.S. regulators, including the DOJ and SEC.
- Supported financial institutions under NY-DFS monitorship in compliance testing, AML and sanctions transaction lookbacks, model validations, TM system enhancements and tuning, enhancements to KYC platforms, and data governance.
- Transaction Monitoring Lookback: On behalf of a U.S. bank under a Consent Order by a regulator, conducted a lookback into the prior two years of bank transactions to identify potentially suspicious activity that may have been missed by the bank’s controls. Created efficiencies in the lookback by using advanced data analytics, including deploying artificial intelligence based machine learning techniques, to identify the highest risk activity to perform alert adjudication. Presented the tech-enabled model and plan to regulators that was approved and supported.
- Transaction Monitoring Lookback: On behalf of a U.S. branch of a Chinese bank under a Monitorship by a regulator, conducted a lookback into the prior two years of bank transactions to identify potentially suspicious activity that may have been missed by the bank’s controls.
- Conducted numerous accounting and financial investigations involving compliance with regulations, foreign corrupt practices issues, revenue recognition, financial-reporting irregularities, the propriety of related-party activities, and alleged fraudulent transactions.
- Investigated management financial-reporting frauds, whistle-blower allegations, employee embezzlements, insurance frauds, and management/employee kickbacks.
- Investigated reserve estimation, long-term-contract accounting, contingent liabilities, and review of internal controls and accounting systems.