Scott Pinsonnault is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in Dallas. He is a seasoned executive with 25 years of financial restructuring experience in the energy, power generation, and oil and gas sectors, as well as other related industries.
Scott has a very strong technical background that includes five years as a hands-on practicing geologist and geophysicist, technical oil & gas operating experience, performed reserve engineering with a major integrated oil and gas company, and has served as a principal investor, interim manager, and consultant.
He has worked to advise and finance capital structures of energy exploration and production, and oil-field service companies. In addition, Scott has worked with equity sponsors, secured lenders, unsecured creditors’ committees, boards of directors/special committees, creditor trusts, sureties/bond insurance companies, bondholders, and regulatory agencies.
He has extensive experience as a financial advisor to both a diverse set of creditor groups and debtors. He has served as Chief Restructuring Officer, interim Chief Executive Officer, interim Chief Financial Officer, Director and advisor to Boards of Directors.
Scott’s professional experience includes:
- Currently retained as financial advisor to a company that specializes in the construction and operation of midstream oil and gas assets.
- Served as interim Chief Operating Officer and CRO of Furie Operating Alaska, LLC. Led the company through an asset development program, out-of-court balance sheet optimization activities and through its Chapter 11 filing.
- Served as CRO to Weatherly Oil and Gas, an oil and gas acquisition and exploitation company. Led the company through its Chapter 11 process.
- Served as CRO to Elk Petroleum, an upstream oil and gas exploration and production company with assets located in North America and traded on the ASX. Advised the company throughout its Chapter 11 filing and was appointed interim CEO upon emergence.
- Served as financial advisor and CRO to an offshore Gulf of Mexico upstream oil and gas company.
- Financial advisor to a lender with a portfolio of eight oil and gas loans advising on valuation, restructuring, and selected divestitures.
- Financial advisor to a group of lenders regarding an out-of-court upstream oil and gas company restructuring.
- Served as a member of the board of directors of Expanse Energy Solutions, formerly known as Dixie Electric. Served as financial advisor to a group of lenders in the restructuring of Dixie Electric and related entities.
- Financial advisor to a lender in the Sanchez Oil and Gas bankruptcy case.
- Financial advisor to a group of lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of an energy-focused, commodity trading company.
- Served as the financial advisor for Hamilton Metals and led a successful balance sheet restructuring and internal operational restructuring.
- Served as financial advisor to a group of lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of an oilfield service company.
- Served as CFO and CRO for Venoco Oil and Gas.
- Served as CFO and Chief Risk Officer for a $1 billion upstream oil and gas company. He led two restructuring transactions, including a consensual in-court restructuring.
- Served as CRO for two oil and gas exploration and production companies where he led pre- and post-petition work, including attempted pre-petition debt alternatives, debtor-in-possession financing, filing preparation, sales processing, plan confirmations, and all aspects of bankruptcy administration.
- Served as interim CFO for a public oil and gas company.
- Served as an advisor responsible for reorganizing and restructuring a $675 million oil exploration and production company.
- Restructured three early-build, domestic wind-power project investments. Responsible for restructuring equity, debt, and tax credits.
- Financial advisor for the lender to a Central Appalachian coal company.
- Financial and operational advisor for an oilfield service company where he was responsible for asset management, optimization of operations, and restructuring debt and equity.
- Served on boards of directors for numerous public and private companies, including Quicksilver Resources, a $1.5 billion upstream oil and gas company.
Scott spent nine years in principal investing focused on upstream oil and gas, oilfield services, manufacturing to support the industry, midstream, and power generation. Scott was a principal team member in over $5 billion of transactions and managed commodity trading programs to mitigate price volatility risk in oil and gas transactions.